Wednesday, February 3, 2010

library day...



i love coming home from the library with a new stack of books and magazines. i am such a book worm and always have a book that i'm reading. i started reading Half Broke Horses today. it's a "true-life novel" based on the author's grandmother who was born in 1901 in west texas. it is fascintating!

5 comments:

Emily said...

I wish our town had a better library, it is so little and dumpy. I take the kids once in a while, but I would go more often if they actually had up to date books and magazines, oh and they still use the dewy decimal system, nothing it computerized. To find a book you have to search through the little cards.

Cindy said...

I'm getting closer to Half-Broke Horses. I'm so anxious to read it!

Baby Boomer Grammy said...

Thanks for your book recommendations. You've always loved books so much that you taught yourself to read before you entered kindergarten. You followed me around the house with a book, asking me,"what's this word?",and "what's this word"? Then you figured out out your own the relationships between letters and sounds.
Love the creative photography with the heart made from the pages of a book.

Hammy said...

I have LOVED all of Jumpha Lahiri's books. Unaccustomed Earth was my favorite.

Jessica said...

i like your pictures, especially the heart!