i had so much fun planning kyla's detective birthday party. i got the idea for the invitations here. i was too cheap to buy stickers so i made my own in quark and got the bags and ribbon from michaels. i ended up doing the secret message a little larger than the original invitation because the magnifying glasses were so crappy. i was afraid no one would be able to read them if i did the font any smaller. kyla had so much fun hand delivering her invitations to all her friends.


i labeled all the food with detective names. we had detective dogs (mini hot-dogs), secret salsa, secret agent spy tray (veggies and dip) and mystery munch.

the mystery munch was a combination of pretzels, goldfish, mini marshmallows, m&ms and gummy worms.

here's the gift bags i made. they were filled with disguise glasses, a notebook, a pen, and candy.

the kids made these detective badges when they first arrived. they signed their names and put their thumb prints on it.
we played lots of fun detective training games and then solved the mystery of the "birthday bandit." the kids had a blast follwing the clues all around the house and outside trying to find where the bandit hid all the presents.

kyla loved her party!

7 comments:
super cute invitations! I can't believe she is 6! The party was a lot of fun.
This looks like it was an awesome party!! What fun!
That was a fun party with lots of cute ideas.
I just ran into your blog and wanted to say HI-you are talented! LOVE the party stuff and your photography is amazing! Looks like we also have a mutual friend in Sylvia and Erik. Small world. Bye!
What a fun fun idea! Very creative. We're sad we missed it. She's getting so grown up. I still need to send her a present. Is there anything she wants or is really into?
I LOVE the detective party ideas. I can just see a super excited Kyla running around with her little friends(: I bet is was so fun to watch.
what a cool party! Great job on all the party details.
Post a Comment