I love making homemade brownies, but most recipes call for baking chocolate and i don't always have that on hand. So i have been searching and searching for a good brownie recipe with cocoa. After much research and experimenting, i came up with my own recipe. These brownies have a thin crispy top and fudgy middle and are much more economical than the recipes with baking chocolate.
1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter
1/2 cup good quality cocoa powder
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup flour
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Melt butter; stir in cocoa powder. In separate bowl beat eggs and sugar for 2-4 minutes. (the longer you beat, the crisper the top.) Beat in vanilla. Stir melted butter mixture into egg mixture. stir in flour and chocolate chips. Pour into 8x8 pan lined with parchment paper. Bake at 335 for 28-33 minutes. Do not over bake! I usually take mine out a little earlier.

1 comment:
Those look good! I'll have to try the recipe.
Post a Comment