
i have been wanting to read this one for the past couple of years and finally got around to it. i really enjoyed it and look forward to seeing the movie

i thought this book was incredible. it is told through a little boy's perspective on what was going on in Germany during WWII.

i read this book on the recommendation of my mom. this book is really funny and touching. if you are from the south you will especially love this book!
have you read any of these and did you like them? what are you reading now? i am looking for a new book to read!

7 comments:
I saw the movie and it is really good. you will like it.
I've been reading the Hunger Games lately (there are 4 books). You've probably already read them because they're so popular, but a fun easy read. Another one I liked was called These is My Words, or another good read that'll make you laugh and teach you more about the south is The Help.
I read most of Eat Pray Love, loved the concept of self discovery and introspection but didn't care for the author's style. I know, I know, lots of people loved her, me not so much.
For book club (in July) we read The Help, I then passed it along to my mom, Grace and Carrie, Kelly gets it next. I recommend it hands down.
I also definitely recommend Mrs. Mike by Benedict & Nancy Friedman, The Book of Eleanor by Pamela Kaufman and The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver, oh, also The Long Fatal Love Chase by Louisa May Alcott...who am I kidding, I recommend a lot more, but this will do for now.
I'm going to put Cold, Sassy Tree on my list, and the Boy in the Striped Pajamas is one I have heard of and I'm definitely putting it on the TBR list as well.
HUGS! :D
thanks for the recommendations! i will definitely have to check them out.
I read The Help last year and thought it was pretty good. i also read The Hunger Games and loved it.
Dad is reading Cold Sassy Tree now. That and The Book Thief(a truly great, great book) are my top 2 favorite reads so far this year. I loved seeing Tracy's recommendations. I liked The Last Song (Nicholas Sparks)-- not a great classic sort of book, but loved the way the father handled his rebellious teen daughter.
Thanks for this fun post and sharing titles you enjoyed.
This summer I really liked Artichoke's Heart by Suzanne Supplee, The Boy Who Dared by Susan Campbell Bartoletti, and Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson.
Some cute picture books to read to your family I'd recommend are A Visitor For Bear by Bonny Becker, Bats at the Library by Brian Lies and Snow Day! by Lester L. Laminack.
Right now I'm reading Charlie St. Cloud. Even though I'm just a few chapters in I think the ending is predictable. But it is a page turner and an easy read.
Post a Comment