Wednesday, April 5, 2017

wax museum

Evan was WWII hero Louis Zamperini for the wax museum at school. He did such a great job! We are so proud of him for memorizing all of his lines.

"Hello my name is Louis Zamperini. I was born January 26, 1917 in Olean, New York. I was a long distance runner at the 1936 Berlin Olympics. During WWII I served in the army air force on a B-24 bomber that got shot down. I survived 47 days in a life boat before getting captured by the Japanese. After my release I became a motivational speaker and I carried the Olympic torch for the 1998 winter games in Japan. I died on July 2, 2014. I continue to make a difference in the world by inspiring others to never give up!"

*he wore a cool army belt for the performance at school. we forgot it for the photo :(

Here's a photo of the real Zamperini

If you've never read the book Unbroken, I highly recommend it. It's one of my favorites.

1 comment:

Baby Boomer Grammy said...

Wow! great job Evan! Wish we had gone to the presentation. We will be sure and go next year.