I originally watched the movie starring Daniel Radcliffe last year and recently decided to read the book. I really, really liked it. The book is a good old fashioned eerie ghost story that kept me glued until the very end.
this book was recommended to me by my sister Emily and i loved it! the book is based on the author's own ancestry through four generations of women in the deep south. the author did an amazing job researching her family's history! this book makes me want to know more about my own ancestors and their stories.

3 comments:
I'm glad you liked Cane River. I didn't realize The Woman in Black was based on a book. I will have to read that next!
I can always count on your book recommendations. These sound like great reads.
Based on your recommendations, I bought both books. I chose The Woman in Black first and am reading it with my book club. We meet this Saturday and I can't wait to hear what they think of it--for me--I loved it. I'll take a Gothic ghost story anytime. I'm looking forward to Cane River next! :)
Post a Comment