Tuesday, February 1, 2011

banana bread



i love how you can take yucky old spotted bananas and make something so delicious out of them. i discovered a new recipe that has sour cream as an ingredient. it turned out very moist, even though i baked it a little too long.

1/2 c. butter
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 c. mashed bananas
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. sifted flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. sour cream

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, beating well after each one. Add mashed bananas and vanilla. Add the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the sour cream. Pour into greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.

3 comments:

Baby Boomer Grammy said...

you could be a professional cookbook/food photographer. Thanks for sharing a yummy recipee. I always have extra sour cream that goes to waste. Now I know what to do with it.

Jessica said...

yum! Can you please send me the pictures that you took of Lady.

KayLynn Ellis said...

Nummy!I love banana bread! Andy's been running a lot to prepare for his marathon and tells me to buy bananas for him. So I do and they sit, and sit, and sit. I will definitely give this a try. Thanks.