

a few weeks ago i bought 10 lbs. of apples for a really low price. we have been in apple heaven ever since. i have made 3 apple crisps and 4 apple pies this past week. tomorrow i am going to attempt applesauce. any other ideas of what to make with apples?

3 comments:
Apple Pork Chops
Mark Bittman - How to Cook Everything
4 center-cut loin pork chops
alt and pepper to taste
2 T olive oil
½ c apple juice
1 t minced garlic
½ c chicken broth
2 c peeled, cored, and sliced apples
½ c apple juice
1 T lemon juice
Season the pork chops. Place olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat; as soon as the first wisps of smoke rise, add the chops and turn the heat to high. Brown on both sides in less than 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, add juice and the garlic and cook until it is all but evaporated, about 3 minutes. Add the broth, cover and turn the heat to low. Cook for 10-15 minutes until the chops are tender but not dry. Remove the chops to a platter. Cook the apples in the remaining liquid, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan as the apples cook and adding more juice if necessary. When the apple slices are soft, stir in lemon juice, pour over the chops and serve.
thanks for the recipe! sounds delicious! i will have to try it.
Yum! love good and cheap apples. I made applesauce and it was ok, just not very sweet, but I didn't want to add sugar to it since I made it for Saige, but it would have been yummy with sugar and cinnamon I'm sure. Good luck with all those apples. I"m sure you'll make some yummy stuff.
Post a Comment