Wednesday, October 29, 2008

nightmare

our computer crashed over the weekend and we lost everything. what hurts the most is the over 300 photos that weren't backed up yet. i'm just so sick about it. i've learned my lesson the hard and painful way. from now on i'm going to back up all files and photos once a week, if not more!! i will be back to blogging when we get our computer back up and running.


the happy news is that i have a new niece! sister emily's baby girl was born today. can't wait to see her this weekend :)

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh.
My.
Goodness!!!!!

I am so sorry to hear this!! I have a number of photos for you guys that I've pulled off the family site and maybe even a few from your blog. I'll burn a disc for you with everything I have. Hopefully that will give you at least a few. : (

Cindy said...

I feel your pain. We got robbed in July and our computer and tons of the children's pictures that I had scanned and had never printed out. That was the thing I was saddest about the whole situation.

Congrats on the new niece! Bet she's a cutie!

SanniD said...

Oh no! I'd be sick about it too, and you take such nice pictures. My husband has a program on the computer called Mozy that automatically backs up the "My Documents" folder. It's encrypted and stored in his private account on some other server. It costs something like $20/year... but we figure it's worth it. You should look into it.
Once again, so sorry to hear the news. At least you have a new niece to brighten your spirits!

Courtney said...

Total bummer!! I know when my computer wasn't working I had data recovery done for like $50. I got all my pics back, but then come to find out my computer didn't crash, just had another problem that wouldn't let it start up. Maybe you can try to do that. Good luck.

sylvia said...

I am so sorry. My stomach is sick for you. When we moved last year i thought we lost all of avery's scrapbooks that i worked so hard on and was devastated, but they were found thankfully. that's when we got serious about photo backup with an external hard drive and uploading right away to costco photo.